- 81% of Texans support making possession of a small amount of marijuana punishable only by a citation and a fine of $250. That includes 84% of Latino, 79% of white and 78% of Black Texans.
- Legalizing marijuana use for any purpose by adults 21 and older drew similar support across racial and ethnic lines, with 73% of Latino, 66% of Black and 62% of white Texans supporting the proposal.
- 66% said legalizing marijuana would be good for state and local government revenue, compared to 16% who believe it would be bad and 18% who said it would have no effect.
- 40% said legalization would increase the use of marijuana by those under the age of 21, compared to 15% who said it would decrease underage marijuana use, and 45% who said it would have no effect.
- 30% said legalization would make people more likely to use other illegal drugs, 30% said it would make people less likely to use other illegal drugs, and 40% said it would have no effect.
Source: Read Full Article