In this HIMSSCast podcast, the discussion centers on the data challenges that have accompanied the Affordable Care Act’s Community Health Needs Assessments and hospitals’ improvement strategies.
The guest is Michael A. Stoto, PhD, professor emeritus in the Department of Health Management and Policy at the School of Health at Georgetown University.
Like what you hear? Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Play!
- It’s now been more than a decade since the Affordable Care Act mandated that non-profit hospitals conduct Community Health Needs Assessments.
- What is this requirement, and why does it matter to health IT professionals?
- What impact has the Community Health Needs Assessments requirement had so far?
- Stoto has been looking at Community Health Needs Assessments and other community health improvement efforts around the U.S.
- What data challenges have the Community Health Needs Assessments efforts experienced?
- What data challenges have hospitals experienced with their improvement strategies?
Email the writer: [email protected]
Healthcare IT News is a HIMSS Media publication.
Source: Read Full Article